2008-03-10

Rewrite

When I find my hope waning I usually read my favorite book of scripture, The Revelation of John.  Working through some passages I’ve memorized stokes the flame that was flickering out and gives me enough light to confront the dark. 

 

(NIV – Rev 2:10-11)

“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.  I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.”  - Jesus to the church in Philadelphia

 

My Rewrite:

Trust me; I’m going to make this worth your while.  Plus, since you’ve been so loyal to me, I serve as your wingman.  Hang tight, just when you think things get too hot to handle, and they will (they do for everyone), know this, “Rescue is coming!” 

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh, I really like the TSHV

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

DO MORE...DO MORE! I like this a lot!

You had me at wingman.