2010-05-05

Read John Green



If you like to read: read John Green.  I've only read two of his books, Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines, and his first novel Looking for Alaska is next in my 'to read' pile.  He also recently released his latest work entitled Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Even though I've only read two of his books it's safe to say that I'm a fan.  I'm not sure exactly but I think I first heard of John Green's novels through the YPulse blog.  They rave about him fairly often.
You're going to find his books in the "young adult" section of your bookstore, which is kind of awkward to be browsing through after you've reached a two digit age that begins with a 3, but trust me its worth it.  Since you are going to find John Green's books in the "young adult" section I should probably let you know that the books (at least the two I've read) focus on people too young to drink and possibly old enough to vote.  if that were to deter you from reading, well, I don't know what to say.
I'm trying to decide what words best describe Green's novels.  Maybe: smart, clever, quirky, honest, funny, adventurous, and did I say "smart", because I meant really smart.
Blog post conclusion: I recommend the novels of John Green.

1 comment:

PETE Di LALLO said...

I love to read and always looking for new authors...but with my double digit age beginning with a 6I'll ask Julie or Allison to buy me a paperback...
thanks