2007-12-30

New Year's Resolutions

I have never made New Year's Resolutions, but this year I have a few that I deem worthy. I'll share a few of them with you.


#1. Dr. Pepper Fast. Everyone who knows me knows that I love Dr. Pepper (and Mr. Pibb is not a worthy substitute). However I will be abstaining from the beverage, as well as all soda for the entire year. I'll also be blogging about the effects of the withdrawal, I expect a lot of headaches. I will be willing to break the fast under one condition which I will explain in a later post.

#2. Memorize Colossians. I have memorized large passages of Scripture before but never a whole book. I thought I start with Colossians. And actually I hope to have this memorized before the summer.

#3. Read 40 Books. I've never counted how many books I read in a year, but I thought this would be a good trackable number to pursue.

#4. Map out TV show idea and make two contacts in order to sell it. Every now and then I have a moment of brilliance. I still claim that the premise for my last idea was stolen from me. Currently I have another idea, but have no contacts in order to pitch this idea. I'd share it with you, but last time I let out an idea 24 got made.

#5. See a doctor and get asthma under control. I haven't seen a doctor in over two years and that was just to get a prescription renewal, but I've really been struggling lately. I may need to get allergy shots and readjust my prescriptions.

#6. Organize and minimize my closet. I believe I have more clothes than I need, and I really don't have a lot. But I still feel like I paying to store crap I don't use. I want to reduce what I have. Also I think it may be the time in my life to finally buy a suit.

What about you? Do you have any resolutions?
or
Would you suggest anymore goals for me?

2 comments:

Rootd And Groundd said...

I thought of one, you should fast from handshakes and only give everyone frontal huggs. This is great move when you meet celebs, bosses for the first time, and others (wink wink)..

racheld said...

Reactions to your resolutions

1. No Dr Pepper - yikes but it is a good idea
2. I have a friend who memorized Mark and I was always impressed. Good Plan
3. I think you should start with a Jane Austen book.
4. really?
5. I used to go to Dr Natalino, nice guy and a great lung doctor!
6. Can I help, I love cleaning out other people's stuff!!

So proud of you for making resolutions.