2009-09-02

Top Ten: Favorite Books

He may be a complete stranger, but he’s my blogging friend.

Pete D recently posted a top ten list of topics to make a top ten list about.  Which makes me laugh….brilliant.

Julie, Pete’s daughter, and a fellow lover of The Game posted her top ten favorite books; we shared one.

So I thought I’d take a minute and make a list myself. 

Here is my top ten, in no particular order, and just off the top of my head (meaning it may be different tomorrow):

 

1.       The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence

2.       Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster

3.       Your God is Too Safe or The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan

4.       A Time to Kill by John Grisham

5.       To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

6.       A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

7.       Harry Potter and ____________ (all 7 books) by J.K. Rowling

8.       The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

9.       In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

10.   The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

 

What’s yours?

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Wow...If I could have named 20...I would have included
11. In Cold Blood
12. A Time to Kill (and every other Grisham book!)
13. The Ragamuffin Gospel...

GREAT list!!
Go Dodgers!!
:)

Laura M. Sayre said...

You should totally dual post this... http://diaryofavidreaders.blogspot.com/