Weekly Wrap Up Bulleted Thoughts:
- Carolina is in trouble, so how did they let the Eagles pick up Jeff Garcia before them?
- Kurt Warner was 24 of 26 in his passing completion for a new NFL record 92.3%. That’s a ridiculous stat.
- Is Brett Favre allowed to have more touchdowns than Adrian Peterson. He did this week, and if that trend continues I’m curious if over inflated egos burst the party bubble in Minnesota.
- Tennessee has two tough losses, and they have some issues to iron out. But I’m not ready to count them out yet.
- Still Drew Brees vs. Adrian Peterson in my book for MVP.
- I can’t believe that my pick of the Jets over the Patriot was right. Waiting to hear the first “Rex Ryan is a genius” reference.
- Washington won without a TD, and the crowd booed them for it. As they should have. All the money spent on that team and not one touchdown?
- Sproles being hit by Ray Lewis in the backfield on a key fourth and 2 may be my favorite play of the weekend. Ray Lewis is a freak and should have a place on Sundays after he retires, probably on the sidelines, he is one smart player.
- My Niners are 2-0. I don’t want to say the “P” word out of superstition, but it definitely makes me confident in their ability to reach 8 wins. I wish they could sign Crabtree only to trade him away for a first round pick next year.
Carolina at Atlanta = Atlanta
Cincinnati at Green Bay = Green Bay
Minnesota at Detroit = Minnesota
Arizona at Jacksonville = Arizona
New Orleans at Philadelphia = New Orleans
Houston at Tennessee = Tennessee
St. Louis at Washington = Washington
New England at New York Jets = New York Jets
Pittsburgh at Chicago = Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay at Buffalo = Buffalo
New York Giants at Dallas = Dallas
Baltimore at San Diego = San Diego
Oakland at Kansas City = Oakland
Seattle at San Francisco = San Francisco
Cleveland at Denver = Denver
Indianapolis at Miami = Indianapolis
Last Week 12 - 4
Season (as of last week) 12 - 4
This Week 12 - 4
Season 24 – 8