And since I've never been afraid of a challenge...well that's not entirely true...never being afraid of some challenges I have gladly accepted.
Recently Frankie and Taylor were challenged by Oak Hills Church, which is partnering with Children's Hunder Fund, in conjuction with our Bigger Than You campaign, to fill up a box with food for a family in need.
This will be a chance to see and experience how many families struggle with 3 meals a day.
Now I'm not entirely sure what all the rules or time lines for the challenge, but I'll find out on Sunday when I receive my Food Pak from my friends.
I'll be blogging thru the experience and most likely will be throwing doen the challenge to one of my readers too.
Here are the rules:
- We only eat food from the Food Pak- breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, fourth meals, etc.
- No eating out.
- We only drink water.
- We pray daily thanking God that He provides for us in abundance and for the families who live on less than what we are currently eating.
- We don't grumble and complain...even if we are hungry when we go to bed!
Here is the CHF Food Pak grocery list and the items included in the Food Pak:
- two canned meat products 12 oz: tuna and chicken
- 1 bag or box of rice 16oz: enriched, long grain, white rice
- 1 bag of pinto beans 160z: Goya's frijoles pintos
- 1 bag or box of pasta 16oz: twirls!
- 2 small cans of tomato paste or sauce: 1 sm can paste, 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 2 canned green vegetables 14oz: green beans and mixed veggies
- 2 canned fruits: mandarin oranges and peaches
- 1 bag of salted nuts 6oz: raw Spanish peanuts
- 1 small box of crackers: saltines
- 1 box of granola or nutritional bars: crunchy granola bars variety pack
- Possible additions: peanut butter (check!), soup 12oz can (broccoli cheddar), trail mix, refried beans, cooking oil, dried fruit (apples and cranberries). We also added oatmeal.
- And...we added tortillas...this is Texas, ya'll!