Greatest List of Baseball Moments (In My Humble Opinion)
- Lou Gehrig “luckiest man” speech 
- Bobby Thomson’s Shot Heard ‘Round the World 
- Bill Mazeroski’s 9th inning homerun in Game 7 
- Carlton Fisk’s World Series home run (where he waves it fair) 
- Hank Aaron breaking the home run record 
- McGwire hits 61 
- Maris and Mantle‘s home run chase in ’61 with Maris hitting #61 on the last game of the season 
- Kirk Gibson off the pine World Series Home Run.
- Joe Carter’s three-run homer to win the Series 
- Cal Ripken’s 2131st baseball game 
- Pirate’s Harvey Haddix 12 perfect innings result in a loss 
- Don Larsen’s World Series No-Hitter 
- Willie Mays over the shoulder catch and throw 
- Jack Morris’ 10 shutout innings to win the series. 
- Buckner’s Error 
If I had to choose one over any other it would be between
- the Lou Gehrig speech, or
- September 8th, 1990, Nolan Ryan’s lip is bloodied by a Bo Jackson line drive, and he continues to pitch. or
- In 1973 Detroit Tiger Norm Cash took a saw off table legs to the plate against Ryan saying “I wasn’t going to hit him anyway.”
What about you?
What other moments do you feel belong on this list?
Which is your favorite?