2008-03-22

Lunch w/ Celebrities

Today the Deuce, MyPhilip and I ate lunch at Red Robin. As usually we all ordered the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap (with campfire sauce for the fries).
This isn't anything news worthy, because we go here often and order the same thing every time.
What was amazing was the celebrities that we sat near.
First while we were beginning our meal, and I must clarify that I'm not a big WWE fan (although I will watch occasionally and recapture some of my youth), non other than Shawn Michaels - The Heartbreak Kid sat down next to us with his wife and children.
MyPhilip suggested I take a stealth photo for you all, but with his wife and children there it didn't feel right. I've seen several of the Spurs around town before, but this was the first time I'd seen HBK.
It's always amazing how much smaller celebrities are in person. I could have taken him...except for that "sweet chin music" kick to the jaw.
After we had finished eating, enjoying a good conversation about church history and how there really is nothing new under the sun in walked Colonel Sanders of KFC fame and sat down beside us too.
I'm telling you it was a glorious lunch!
Maybe tomorrow I'll somehow pump gas next to George Strait or Eva Longoria.

(Okay it wasn't really the Colonel, but HBK was for real.)

No comments: