Now given I had lived in the last apartment for the past three years and things tend to pile up over time, but... I don't even care for the things that I continue to maintain...um...almost.
Here's a short list of what consumes my closet, under my bed, currently on my floor and some still back at my old apartment:
- Boxes and boxes of baseball cards and collectibles.
- Boxes and boxes and boxes of Spider-Man comics, as well as a few less important superheroes.
- CD and CD cases. I haven't made the complete change to everything digital. I like having a physical copy on hand.
- DVD's. I even recently reduced what I have by a third and I still had multiple boxes to haul around.
- Books. My favorite possessions quite possible. The Deuce and Chris, I think, resent me now. I must confess that while the actual physical moving of these is tough I love the re-organizing of the books on the shelf. I get to decide how I'm going to arrange them again. By author. By subject. Will paperbacks mingle with hardcover? The possibilities are endless.
But I can't get rid of it.
My friend Rachel believes that when I someday marry, my wife will subtly get rid of things for me.
[To that future wife] "Why would you do this? Why do you already hate me?"
Actually I really want to be free from all these things. I'd love to be able to move on a whim again. To pick up one day, travel several states away or across an ocean without feeling like I've left something behind.
So if you would come by and pick up one of the above collections and promise to provide a good home for them, where they will be loved and treasured...then come on over...it's yours.
If you hurry I won't even have to unpack it.