I went and saw The Simpsons Movie tonight. The image below is not from the movie but I like it. I wouldn't mind seeing other beloved American icons in anime if anyone knows where to find some.
First off we ate at Chuy's beforehand and I had two great soft chicken tacos. Here's their menu so you can plan ahead.
- Served with lettuce, cheese, pico de gallo & guacamole.
- Choose from: guacamole, chicken, carne guisada or ground sirloin.
- Crunchy TacosGrilled sirloin, lettuce, cheese & tomatoes.
- Tacos Al Carbon Fajita chicken or beef with grilled onions and green chiles.
- Baja Tacos Your choice of lightly battered and fried fish or shrimp with cilantro, red cabbage and Creamy Jalapeño.
Back to the movie. If you haven't been to the official website you should check it out. I don't want to give to much away, but please allow me to state a few thoughts about this flick:
- Maybe the best opening sequence in a movie ever!
- Between this movie and Knocked Up I feel as if I have had a summer course in either Biology or Sex Ed.
- While most of the treasured town characters were visible many were notably non-vocal.
- The previews for The Chipmunks and Bee Movie are definitely creating some buzz. Oops sorry about that pun.
- The credit "scenes" weren't too impressive.
- The Spider-Pig song is amazing.
- There was no Butterfinger "cameo".
- I love the way The Simpsons can address issues of government, environment, religion or whatever current hot button issue without going overboard and offending people, but rather challenges ideas on both sides of an issue.